Helping you succeed is our business
Whether you are a new entrepreneur starting a business or you operate an established global enterprise, our lawyers have the expertise and enthusiasm to provide cost effective advice and solutions to help you face today’s business environment with confidence. Our lawyers take pride in assisting clients with all stages of their business needs, including:
- Organizing and setting up a business structure (sole proprietor, partnership, or corporation)
- Reorganization and restructuring a business
- Partnership Agreements and Shareholder Agreements
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Financing of a Business
- Equity Investments
- Debt Collection, Bankruptcy and Insolvency matters
- Sale of a Business (Asset Sale and Share Sale)
- Protection of Intellectual Property (Patents, Trademarks, licensing)
- Business succession planning, including wills and estate planning
- Corporate Governance, including matters pertaining to director and officer liability
- Contract review and drafting for various types of corporate/commercial matters
- Business disputes
- Canada’s Anti-spam law (CASL)
We also provide tailored services for entrepreneurs and not-for-profit organizations and charities.
Many business law matters intersect with other areas of law, including labour and employment, estate planning, commercial leasing and real estate. Our lawyers consult regularly with their colleagues in our various practice groups to ensure that all their clients’ business and legal needs are properly addressed. Our business law lawyers also have extensive business contacts locally and globally that they call upon regularly to assist in meeting their clients’ other professional needs, including accounting, banking and legal matters abroad. Many of the lawyers in our business law group are members of Lexwork International, and INTA.
The above list includes many typical business law matters. However, if you have a matter that is not listed above, please do not hesitate to contact us at 613-238-8080 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We also publish a regular blog, Business Law Focus, which you can subscribe to or read for informative advice in the area of Business Law.
Our business law lawyers also act as counsel to many not-for-profit and charitable organizations. For more information on the services our firm provides in this area, click here.