Helping Organizations Prepare for Canada’s New Anti-Spam Legislation
The purpose of Canada’s new anti-spam law (CASL) is to help protect Canadians from unwanted spam, while ensuring that organizations can continue to compete effectively in the marketplace. It is intended to discourage electronic activities that compromise privacy and undermine the confidence of Canadians in electronic commerce. One of the main activities that CASL addresses is the sending of commercial electronic messages to recipients. The commercial electronic message (CEM) provisions of CASL came into force on July 1, 2014.
Our lawyers have participated in a number of media interviews related to CASL, and prepared articles that provide an overview of CASL to help get you started in understanding its requirements.
We Can Help You with CASL’s Requirements
Our lawyers can help you understand how CASL’s requirements may affect your organization, and help you apply them in a practical way.
Canada’s New Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL) Media Interviews
Nelligan O’Brien Payne LLP’s lawyers have been featured in media interviews across both local Ottawa and Canadian news channels and publications on Canada’s new anti-spam legislation (CASL).
The Globe and Mail
Full Article: Anti-spam law is ludicrous regulatory overkill
July 7th, 2014
Full radio segment on Cross Country Checkup: What do you think about Canada’s new anti-spam legislation?
July 6, 2014
Full Article: Anti-Spam Legislation: Putting an End to Junk Mail
June 28th, 2014
June 27th, 2014
Articles on Canada’s New Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL)
- Digesting Canada’s Tough New Anti-spam Laws (8/26/2014)
- Canada’s New Anti-Spam Legislation: The Fundraising Exemption – Another Update (7/14/2014)
- Canada’s New Anti-Spam Legislation – The Fundraising Exemption – Update (7/2/2014)
- Canada’s New Anti-Spam Legislation: The Fundraising Exemption (6/30/2014)
- Canada’s New Anti-Spam Legislation: Does it apply to your organization? (6/30/2014)
- Canada’s New Anti-Spam Legislation (6/30/2014)
- Canada’s New Anti-Spam Legislation: How will CASL Affect Businesses Outside of Canada? (6/17/2014)
- Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (Bill C-28) – Is Your Business Ready? (5/27/2011)